It is so easy to feel overwhelmed the moment you find out you are pregnant. You start to think of a whole lot of things that can in one way or the order make you freak out and feel happy at the same time. This anti sanity-saving pregnancy checklist will help you track your first trimester to-dos.
PREGNANCY CHECKLIST FOR WEEKS 1-8
- Take a pregnancy test
- Tell your partner the good news
- Find an ob-gyn or other prenatal care provider
- Schedule your first prenatal checkup
- Check your health insurance policy to see what prenatal and childbirth care is covered
- Figure out how pregnancy, baby and maternity leave will affect your finances
- Create a savings plan for your child’s future expenses and education.
- Estimate how much raising a baby will cost and start saving accordingly
- Go to your first prenatal checkup (right around week 8)
PREGNANCY CHECKLIST FOR WEEKS 8-12
- Talk to your doctor about any prenatal testing you should (or want) to get
- Consider doing a First Trimester Screening to determine the risk of any chromosomal abnormalities in baby (between weeks 11 and 14)
- Complete your nuchal translucency screening (between weeks 10 and 12)
- If you’ve been planning to change your last name before baby is born, now is a good time.
- Go to your next doctor’s appointment