The theme for the 2019 Met Gala was Camp: Notes on Fashion. Some celebrities looked confused while others pulled off their looks with ease. They knew the word camp meant going all out and trust me, they did! We are about to show you some of our favourite looks at the event.
1. Lady Gaga in Brandon Maxwell: I want to believe that she has been training for this event her whole life. Last night was what we call her Olympics. She wore four different looks in 15 minutes and we absolutely love them all.
2. Billy Porter in The Blonds: Billy was inspired by Elizabeth Taylor’s turn at Cleopatra. He arrived immediately after Lady Gaga and trust me, Billy picked off from where Gaga stopped! He was carried in by broadway actors and the star hopped off his bird and flaunted his beautiful bird-like look.
3. Janell in Christian Siriano: Janell and her stylist Alexandra Mandelkorn took a surrealist approach to her gown. She got her inspiration from Picasso and Dali. Christian Siriano made the creation and added a blinking eye for peak camp effect.
4. Cardi B in Thom Browne: Let’s be real: Cardi B went out of the box. Her down-filled dress layered in oxblood tulle and silk organza, complete with an almost 10-feet long train. We absolutely love this look and Met Gala 2019, couldn’t have been complete without her!
6. Celine Dion in Oscar de la Renta: Even with the fact that she was confused, she killed the red carpet! Part show girl, part fringe queen, Dion is the definition of camp.
7. Kacey Musgraves in Moschino: She need not tell you that Barbie was her inspiration. Musgraves looked beautiful and bonkers at the same time. If that’s not camp I don’t know what is.