How To Grow Your Followers On Instagram
The primary purpose for Instagram was to create a fun app for kids. Over the time, we have noticed that Instagram has become a serious place for content marketing, selling, networking and audience building for both individuals and brands. It is one of the most popular social networking sites on the planet with over 250 million members.
With the above number, your question should be how can I get people’s attention on my page? I am going to be sharing some attention getting ideas for your captions, hashtags, profile, visibility, engagements and many more. These would help you grow your page as well
1. Cross-promote your dedicated hashtag: You will need to create one hashtag for your brand. For example #Kamdora once you do this, make sure you share it in your profile so people can share content about you. Go as far as printing on your receipts, advert, store and at relevant events. If you are one radio/tv, direct people to use your hashtags.
2. Be creative with hashtagging: Instagram is all about capturing ideas. You have to look beyond the one-word type of hashtag. I am not saying you can’t use the one word hashtag at all, but get creative with it. It helps you to tell part of your story. For example, #challengeaccepted
3. Participate in popular conversations: For every post, mix a topically relevant hashtag. For example, #MakeupartistinLagos for a Makeup artist. You can also use trending/popular hashtags wherever you can.
4. Use your bio URL: If you want your bio to only link to your website homepage, change it at least bi-weekly and use that clickable link in your bio to drive traffic to your newest or most popular content.
5. Be descriptive with your captions: There is a popular saying that a picture is worth a thousand words so make use of your words. You have to use storytelling along side your pictures to make it engaging.