Morning Kamdolls, how una dey?
Earlier, I explained about 8 reasons why we should form the habit of taking water early in the morning (you can find it HERE). Granted, some days, I forget to take water because I’m in in a hurry to get dressed and get to work. I try to make up for it by hydrating a lot during the day.
Enough about my personal water therapy battles. I’ve listed more benefits of drinking water first thing in the morning.
1. Drinking water regularly in the morning on an empty stomach helps to cure as well as prevent throat diseases, menstrual cramps, eye disorders, diarrhea, urinary diseases, headache.
2. When you drink water first thing in the morning, your body’s metabolic rate increases. This enhances your digestive system.
3. Drinking water in the morning relieves constipation and regularizes bowel movements.
4. The risks of bladder and colon cancer are significantly reduced by drinking water in the morning. This is because water has the ability to dilute concentration of cancer-causing elements in the urine.
5. Water first thing in the morning energizes your brain. It helps your ability to think, remember, focus and stay active.
6. Besides glowing skin, water also helps to combat other skin issues including eczema, psoriasis, wrinkles and age spots.
7. Drinking water to break the fast every morning helps in disengaging food particles, toxic components and other elements in the intestine. They dissolve into the flowing water and are removed from your body.
Water is tasteless; it is no delicacy but we cannot live without it. But when you drink at least 3-4 glasses of water on an empty stomach, there is a lot of benefits you give yourself. However, it is important to follow some rules…
Drink at least 3-4 glasses of water as soon as you wake up and wait for an hour before you can eat anything. If you find it tough to start with 3 glasses, begin with a glass and slowly go up to the recommended quantity.