Is Your Skin Dehydrated? Does your skin feel dry, sensitive, itchy and has lost its radiance? Then your skin might be dehydrated. When people see me, they always ask what I use to maintain my glow. To be very honest, I only use natural products on my skin!
A lot of people confuse dry skin with dehydrated skin. Dry skin is a type of skin while dehydration means there are fewer oil-producing glands on the face and body than the normal/oily skin. Dehydration is also a lack of water on the top layer of the skin. This affects all skin types. So you can have an oily skin and still have a dehydrated skin.
Here are some things you should have if you have a dehydrated skin
1. Avoid Harsh Face Washes Or Scrubs: Make sure you always check the ingredient of products before you buy them. For me, I avoid products with Sulfates because it messes with the pH of my skin. This alone can cause dehydration. Buy natural cleansers. When it comes to scrubs, I prefer chemical exfoliants.
2. Do Not Wash Your Face With Hot Water: If your skin is dehydrated, the last thing you want to do is wash your face with hot water. It would only make things worse. So if you want your skin to get its optimum moisture level, cold showers are your option.
3. Drink Water: Water can never be overemphasized when it comes to hydration. When you drink enough water, it helps to keep your skin cells hydrated. You can drink a minimum of 6 glasses of water a day for a start!
4. Avoid Caffeine And Alcohol: These two can deplete the moisture level of your skin. Alcohol prevents the production of the hormone vasopressin which is necessary for hydration. If your skin is dehydrated, stay away from these two things or greatly reduce your intake.
5. Use A Good Moisturizer: To avoid skin looking scaly, apply a rich moisturizer on damp skin and then follow up with your favourite carrier oil