The 2018 ELOY Awards Ceremony has come and gone, but the memories it has left will linger for a very long time. The 10th Anniversary for the Exquisite Lady of the Year Awards held at Lagos Continental Hotel (formerly Intercontinental Hotel) on Sunday, November 25, 2018. Beautiful guests stormed the ELOY Awards black carpet looking gorgeous, as they followed through with the dress code for the evening; ‘Audaciously Iconic’.
There were performances by Issac Geralds andKemi Ladipo (spoken words). Golden Curvy Models also did a catwalk showcasing designs by top plus size designer, JP Kouture.
The highlight of the evening was the HE4SHE Award which was a first-time category at the ELOY Awards. The award in this category was won by former Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar GCON (Waziri Adamawa), a man who constantly advocates for women.
This is also the first time a man has ever received an ELOY Award. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, who was unavoidably absent, was ably represented by Mr Mustafa Chike-Obi, Executive Vice-Chairman of Alpha African Advisory Limited, who spoke about Alhaji Abubakar’s agenda for women which includes; protecting and promoting the rights of women and the girl-child in Nigeria and creating an enabling environment for Nigerian women to return to the path of wealth creation and gainful employment.
Ini Abimbola, a member of the ELOY Awards Committee spoke about the “Journey So Far” for the awards and congratulated this year’s receipents.
Titilayo Oshodi, representative of Honourable Jide Sanwoolu, ( Member, Advisory Board of Exquisite Magazine since 2006) congratulated the ELOY Team and it’s founder Tewa Onasanya, who has year in, year out identified and honored inspirational women in society. She spoke about Honourable Jide Sanwoolu’s plans to create a conducive environment for greater female participation in every facet of live in Lagos.
The evening ended with the announcement of the ELOY Foundation by Tewa Onasanya (ELOY Awards Founder). The ELOY Foundation is dedicated to empowering women by providing access to finance, mentors, training and more, thereby uplifting female entrepreneurs to continue to be the economic power house of Nigeria.
The Exquisite Lady of the Year (ELOY) Awards is executed by Exquisite Magazine, led by its publisher Tewa Onasanya, who is also the creator of ELOY Awards. The Awards has been consistently celebrating, empowering and motivating women since 2009. The Awards recognize inspirational women who are doing great things in their various fields.
- ACTRESS OF THE YEAR (SPONSORED BY LUSH HAIR): Mercy Johnson Okojie, Seven & a half dates.
- AUTHOR OF THE YEAR: Nina Iphechukwude Anyianuka (Disowned)
- CHEF OF THE YEAR: Ronke Edoho (9jafoodie)
- ELOY AWARD FOR TECHNOLOGY /ICT: Lottana Ezeogu (Skills tribe)
- ACCESSORY DESIGNER OF THE YEAR: Urez Kulture
- ELOY AWARD FOR AGRICULTURE: Ifeoluwa Ariyo (Forth worth Farms)
- ON AIR PERSONALTY OF THE YEAR (RADIO): Ada Afoluwake Ogunkeye (Folu Storm, Smooth Fm, Lagos)
- ELOY AWARD FOR EMPOWERMENT: Mercy Makinde, (Amazing Amazon’s Initiative)
- SOCIAL ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR AWARD: Esther Ijewere (Women of Rubies)
- SOCIAL MEDIA PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR SPONSORED BY (LUFTHANSA): Cynthia Nwadiora (CeeC)
- FASHION DESIGNER OF THE YEAR (SPONSORED BY LUSH HAIR): Tubo
- ELOY AWARD FOR JOURNALISM AND MEDIA; PRINT AND DIGITAL (SPONSORED BY FIRS) – Peace Hyde
- ELOY HOSPITALITY AWARD: Nike Majekodunmi (Nuts about cakes)
- MILLENNIAL ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR (SPONSORED BY EDIYE BEAUTY & WELLNESS): MIZWANEKA
- ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR: Adedamola Ladejobi (Ask Damz)
- ELOY WOMAN WHO INSPIRES AWARD: Eno Essien
- SCRIPT WRITER OF THE YEAR: Dami Elebe (Lagos with Love, Skinny Girl in transit)
- ELOY AWARD FOR INNOVATION / INVENTION (SPONSORED BY FIRS): Uche Pedro (Bella Naija)
- TV ACTRESS OF THE YEAR (TV AND WEB) SERIES: Lota Chukwu (Ajoche)
- ELOY HE4SHE AWARD-A MAN THAT ADVOCATES FOR WOMEN: His Excellency Atiku Abubakar GCON
More pictures below.