I don’t know if you get excited to attend special events like I do. I am always excited because I get to network and show how stylish especially when there is a dress code. Today, I will be writing on cocktail attire for women (A detailed dress code). I am going to start from the very beginning.
What Is A Cocktail Party?
According to Wikipedia, a cocktail party is a party where cocktails are served. It is organized for purpose of social or business networking called a mixer.
When attending a cocktail party, here are the things you should have in mind;
- Your dress should be above your knees.
- Wear a simple and unique cut. It could have embellishments and it can be colourful but remember to keep it simple and classy.
- Accessories are very important.
- Dress to fit the occasion.
- Do not wear something that is too revealing.
- Make sure you wear makeup.
Now, there are different attires you can wear to a cocktail party. Just make sure you wear something you are comfortable in. I will be talking on some cocktail attires you can wear.
- Cocktail Dresses; I prefer to wear a dress for a cocktail party. Trust me, it is a safe bet! I like experimenting but then a dress will always win when it comes to coctail parties!
2. Cocktail Shoes: When it comes to cocktails, heels is the right thing to wear! I would advise you to wear something you are comfortable in to avoid you changing to slippers. That would be inappropriate. Don’t go for something too high. Avoid wearing flashy colours of heels. Stick to natural colours.
3. Cocktail Accessories: You don’t want to go to a cocktail party wearing heavy earrings and neck pieces. Simplicity is key to selecting accessories for a cocktail party.
4. Cocktail Makeup: This might sound somehow but your looks matters. I am not a fan of red lips during a cocktail event so I suggest you stick to something dark. Make sure your eye shadow is not too loud as well. Whatever you do, don’t appear like you are fighting the sun!
This is your first guide to prepare yourself for a cocktail party. When dressing up for a cocktail party, you must put the type of event (formal or informal) in mind. You must also put the weather in mind. You don’t want to wear a short cloth during winter, it would be a disaster for you.
Is this information enough for you to slay your next cocktail party?