How to get over a breakup 101
Heart break sucks! I know how hard everything become when you breakup with your partner. Eating suddenly is not your thing, going out becomes stressful, playing with your phone doesn’t even pop into your head. All you will want to do is cry your eyes, heart, head, emotions and everything out!
I have dated 3 guys all my life but I won’t count the first guy because we broke up after a month! I broke up with the second guy because I just got tired. He did everything to keep the relationship but I was tired and that was it!
It was after my second breakup I realized I had a problem. I decided to take a break and work on myself. The problem was that once I am tired, I give up! I had to learn how to create new reasons to stay in a relationship.
My third relationship was rosy. Trust me when I Said things were rosy. I woke up to mushy text messages every morning reminding me that I am the queen to the throne and all. Once day, our conversation went from 100% to 80% to 60% to 40% to 20% to 0% and that was it. It was all over!
Even though I was the one that broke it off, I still felt very bad. I tried to save it but couldn’t. I literally lost myself! There was no light in my eyes and all I wanted to do was sleep!
The whole essence of this post is to teach you how to get over a breakup. Now I have been there before, it is not as easy as people say it but it is very necessary to move on! I want you to understand that the longer the relationship, the harder it is to move on!
- You have to accept that there is no hope. Once you bring yourself to accepting that there is no hope in the relationship again, then your healing can start. I know he/she must have felt like the one. You must have made plans to get married, the number of children you guys want and all but then it is over and so are your plans!
- Don’t take it too personal for long. You must have tried so hard to save the relationship and it didn’t work out. Don’t be too hard on yourself by blaming yourself because it didn’t work out. Don’t hook up with another person saying you are moving on. You will only hurt yourself more and hurt the new guy/girl.
- Spend time with your family and friends. These are the people that love you unconditionally. They would give you a thousand reasons why you should live. Trust me, you want to hang out with your friends. They would do anything within their power to make you get over him fast. Most importantly, they would cheer you up.
- Be positive. Always feel you have better things coming your way so try not to cry over a guy instead pick up your crown and remember you’re a queen. Don’t worry, you may think you will never get over it but remember you also thought it will last forever. Life goes on, You’re in charge of how you feel so today choose to feel happy.
- Listen to music. Music eases stress, it will distract you from your wrong thoughts and push you to forget about the past and move on.