The Met Gala theme-Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic imagination is in itself highly controversial to many. Some thought it was “disrespectful” and “blasphemous” of celebs who dared to wear certain symbolic outfits. They took to Twitter to express their disgust (more to come on that!).
Hollywood A-list celebrities such as Rihanna, Cara Delevigne, Katie Perry, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jared Leto and a host of many others stunned in their thought-provoking costumes. Although it was a fundraising event, these outfits made devout Christian/Catholics raise their brows!
Solange wore a halo on a durag!
- Blake Lively came in the crimson coloured-dress
- Cara Delevigne wore a transparent veil and shade
- Rihanna dared to be a pope in mini skirt and cape!
- Sarah Jessica Parker wore an embellished gold dress with the hearts. On her head has the “nativity scene”-inspired crown,
- Kim Kardashian dared to wear a sequined gold dress with the cross on it.
Jared Leto dared to be “Christ”.
Madonna came as a goth queen having a golden crown full of the cross.
Lana Del Rey & Jared Leto and a celeb dared to pose as the Trinity
Lana Del Rey dared to be the famous sacred renaissance painting in her Gucci outfit.
Jlo came with a huge cross on her chest showing off her thigh-high slit and figure!
Rosie wore an actual halo on her hair!
These costumes definitely made devout Christian question the theme of the Met Gala event. Looking away from the backlash, do you think they pulled off their look?