If you constantly look out for this #KamdoraKitchen column, you will notice that the curator has a thing for avocado. Yes I do, can’t deny. This amazing spicy chicken salad with avocado by Laura Vitale of Laura in the Kitchen , made my love for avocado triple!
The recipe is easy and the overall result is tasty! If you’ve got the time this weekend, you should definitely try your hands on it!
1 lb of Thinly Sliced Chicken Breast
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning, or homemade taco seasoning
1 Head of Bibb Lettuce, washed, dried and leaves fanned out on a large platter
2 Vine Ripened Tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 Avocado, sliced
½ Red Onion, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice
3 Tbsp of Freshly Chopped Cilantro
¼ cup of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Homemade Taco Seasoning Blend:
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Granulated Garlic
1 tsp Granulated Onion
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 tsp Corn Starch
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
Watch the video and see more detailed steps below
1) Preheat a grill pan between medium and medium high heat.
2) Season your chicken breast with a couple Tbsp of oil and the taco seasoning (if you’re using homemade seasoning, add some salt as well, if using store bought seasoning, don’t add salt at this point)
3) Place the chicken on the hot grill pan and let them cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
4) Remove to a plate to cool slightly.
5) Arrange the tomatoes, onion and avocado on top of the bed of lettuce, season slightly with salt and pepper and set aside.
6) In a large measuring cup or just a bowl, add the lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper and whisk in the olive oil.
7) Drizzle the dressing all over the salad making sure you focus on the avocado.
8) Slice your chicken and place on top. Serve immediately!
Recipe was culled from Laurainthekitchen.com
Leave a Reply