Whether you think of shorts as a super casual style when you step out or not, the legendary shorts are a must-own piece. Shorts don’t mean denim only but now in different crepe, pinstripes, or even prints.
There’s something about shorts way more interesting than slim fit jeans, palazzo pants which of course is the show of skin, combining that masculine look with a feminine twist is worth going for any time.
If you are having a hard time pairing those shorts, here are a few ideas to look super cute and sexy that you won’t believe in the shorts-magic!
- Get an eccentric shorts:
Kahlana’s shorts must have been “Rei-Kawakubo” inspired indeed. You would definitely fall in love with shorts, the boxy details by the sides, the length and colour. Loved how she had the denim with the rolled up sleeves and ankle-high boots. This is definitely a fashion-forward move!
2. Go for a two-piece: If there’s a quicker way to get your sexy on in shorts, it’s the two-piece way! All you have to do to pep up this look is to get an inner or a bralet and you are sexy as Rihanna.
3. Denim shorts are forever an option: Denim shorts earn that respect here! However, you choose to style your denim shorts you would nail that look in a snap. Here, Ada stylishly paired her shorts with a graphic tee and animal print blazer. The perfect retro-chic look!
Also, when you want to go for an outdoor activity like the beach the denim shorts is your go-to!
4. Colour Block: If it doesn’t make much sense that you have coloured shorts in your wardrobe, then this should be an inspiration. Find a colour that contrasts with the coloured shorts, pair it up with a minimal accessory and voila! you look classy.
5. Mesh it up: This is another layering skill, I acquired over the weekend! I found organza, mesh or tulle piece quite interesting to play around with. If you have an extra mesh laying fallow, match it up or sew it together with the shorts and you get a funky-DJ-Cuppy-looking style!
6. Mix it up with a “white-something”: I literally had to put that out there (LOL). If you don’t know what to do with your shorts even if it’s coloured, prints, pinstripes etc. A basic white tee, white shirt or white blazer is perfect to transform your look!