Clear skin is the extra accessory you need to glam up your whole identity. If you’re really serious about this ‘fine girl’ thing then you might want to go the extra mile on your skincare routine. Last time, I talked about the delicate act of moisturizing, but this time we’re going full bulldozer and excavating all the yama yama that is dulling your shine.
Look, I’ll level with you, dead skin cells are killing your skin! Imagine the layers and layers of dead cells just casually laying around on your skin when you don’t exfoliate regularly, eekkk! We don’t want that so I’ve prepared a microdermabrasion and an exfoliation routine that’ll take that dull away. Out with the old, in with the new!
Microdermabrasion, by definition, is a skin resurfacing method where tiny particles are used to “polish” your skin. It gets rid of rough skin surfaces and allows for fresh plump new cells to surface. A micro-dermabrasion treatment is not medical so it’s alright to use it with other skin treatments.
Some of the benefits of an appropriate micro-dermasion treatment are;
- Makes old scars less noticeable.
- Evens skin tone.
- Reduces acne.
- Gets rid of sun burns
You might need to visit a professional or buy a home use dermabrasion kit. Here’s a short list of some of the really effective home kits. Please do carry out some research and read reviews before you decide on which one to try.
- OLAY Regenerist Peel Kit
- Nivea Visage Kit
- Neutrogena Advanced Solutions at Home System
Simple exfoliation treatments could be done in place of the more complex micro-adidermasion process, however. If you’d rather opt for simpler processes, here’s a quick routine you could follow;
- Make a paste with two tablespoons of finely ground sugar and four tablespoons of buttermilk.
- Apply to your skin using a circular motion to help loosen any flakes.
- Leave the paste on for five minutes then wash it off with warm water.
- Pat your skin dry.
- Warm two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan.
- Use a cotton ball and apply the warm olive oil to your skin.
- Remove any extra oil with a damp cotton ball and let the rest soak into your skin.
- Use a loofah to rub your skin briskly. This loosens up flakes of skin and smooths rough dry patches.
- Take your shower as normal.
And voila! You get radiant skin! You get radiant skin! You get radiant skin! Everybody gets radiant skin! (That was an Oprah impression. You got it, right? Okay, just making sure)
Just like Stella got her groove back, go get your slay, girl!