Having radiant and clear skin is every woman’s dream. Of course, alongside whatever other personal ambitions we might have, we all want to roll out bare-faced sometimes and still have that natural shine.
Well, the secret to glowing skin is nothing other than good ol’ exfoliation! Yes, I said it. One of the most overlooked parts of an effective skin care regimen is having a consistent exfoliation routine. You want to always keep your pores clear and unclogged. To achieve this, two simple steps are required: moisturizing and dermabrasion.
Here are a few tips on how to keep your skin constantly moisturized
- Feed your skin – Get a good moisturizer suitable for your skin type (If you do not know your skin type, you can conduct a simple skin test using readily available tests from the internet)
- Drink a lot of water – EIGHT glasses is the requirement but more is more in this case! Drink, drink drink! Drinking a lot of water will also flush out toxins from within the body, leaving your skin looking better than ever.
- Healthy foods – reduce your sugar intake! You’d see what cutting back on sodas can do for you in as little as a food. Foods loaded with vitamins and minerals also work great for the skin.
If your skin is extra dry, you’d find these additional tips helpful;
- Try as much as possible not to use soap too often.
- Avoid using hot water
- Use penetrating oil based moisturizers on your skin
- Do your moisturizing treatment at night so they soak in while you sleep.
IMPORTANT: Vaseline is affordable and readily available. It works like magic on dry skin. Use it as a hand, foot and body moisturizer. Another benefit is that it helps skin flakes exfoliate faster.