5 Things To Have In Mind If Social Media Pressure Gets Down On Valentine Day
Don’t worry, this moment shall pass. No matter what your relationship status is, it’s not a must to feel overly excited about this day. For all you know, you might be in a relationship on Valentine day and still feel very moody, telling yourself: “I can’t wait for this day to end”.
Val day can look like a perfect day for people in a relationship to you but it doesn’t mean their relationship is perfect. A day of dinner, roses and chocolate won’t fix a relationship crack overnight.
Look at Valentine day as another day just to tap on an existing singleness nerve that is already existing and very sensitive. The most important thing on Val day regardless of your relationship status is just to do you. Don’t go over the top because you feel pressured either from friends or social media. Also, here are 5 things you should have in mind if social media pressure ever gets to you today:
- There are other 364 days in the year you can plan a romantic date
- Valentine day can be spent with families and friends too: If you don’t live at home, surprise your families or friends. Head home for dinner or just send them a little cute message telling them how much you appreciate them.
- If you are in a relationship, don’t feel guilty. Your partner probably doesn’t want to do anything either
- Alcohol is surely not the solution.
- If you ever feel alone, volunteer at a charity home. Valentine isn’t just about taking, it’s about giving back too.
Thank you for reading. You can read my previous post here
Maryam Salam (IG – @fashionbydaisy)