How To Make Plantain Porridge
If you are big foodie of any meal with plantain-based as me then you are reading the right article. Plantain is one of my favourites food ingredients to play around with. I love the natural sweetness you get from it with even doing so much. This unripped plantain dish is rich in iron and strongly recommended for diabetic patients and breastfeeding mothers.
This unripe plantain dish is rich in iron and strongly recommended for diabetic patients. Without wasting so much time, let’s dive into it.
- Unripped plantain (Decide on the quantity)
- Palm oil
- Fresh tomatoes
- Fresh pepper (Red, yellow, green and scotch bonnet)
- Medium size onions
- 2 cubes of seasoning
- Dried crayfish
- Vegetables (optional)
- Boil the beef with seasoning and salt (Cook until beef is soft)
- Add more water and introduce the crayfish
- Add a reasonable amount of palm oil and you diced scotch bonnet
- Leave to boil for 10 minutes
- Add your diced unripped plantain and pepper (Green, yellow and red) along with your sliced onions
- Allow to boil for 10-15 minutes
- Check to see if plantain is well cooked, if not add a bit of water
- Add vegetable and reduce the heat
- Leave to simmer for 3-4 minutes
- Stir together and ‘Ta-dah‘, Your plantain porridge is ready
Give it a shot and let me know how that goes!
Maryam Salam (IG – @fashionbydaisy)