Sitting for hours unending does the body a lot of harm varying from damaging the bones, affecting the internal organs, obesity, and overweight. Prolonged sitting is thought to slow the metabolism, which affects the body’s ability to regulate blood sugar, blood pressure and break down body fat.
Most times we tend to sit for a very long time, which is harmful to the body, some of the activities we do includes; watching TV, using a computer, reading, doing homework, travelling by car, bus or train.
Also sitting for too long gives back/neck pain, heart disease, and also cause a rise in sugar level
The solution to this seems not to be far fetched, it simply is to; sit still less and move around more.
You might start by simply standing rather than sitting whenever you have the chance or think about ways to walk while you work. For example:
1. Stand while talking on the phone or eating lunch.
2. If you work at a desk for long periods of time, try a standing desk — or improvise with a high table or counter.
3. Take a walk i.e try and stroll around, most times we get too engrossed in what we are doing.
4. Stretch yourself after a while with your colleagues after gathering in a conference room for meetings.
5. Position your work surface, place your computer screen and keyboard on a stand, let it be a vertical position — so that you can be in motion throughout the day.