Cucumbers belong to the same plant family as squash, pumpkin, and watermelon (the Cucurbitaceae family). Like watermelon, cucumbers are made up of mostly (95 percent) water, which means eating them on a sunny day can help you stay hydrated.
There are certain benefits that can be gotten from cucumbers which are:
- It contains lots of Vitamins A, B, C which gives energy and also serves as immunity booster; one can even make it juicier by mixing cucumber, carrot and spinach.
- It keeps you Hydrated: There are certain times you get too busy to drink water or don’t feel like taking water, in this situation you can just grab your cucumber because greater percent of it contains water.
- It aids digestion: chewing cucumber gives the jaw a good work out, the fiber in it is great for digestion.
- It’s good for diabetic patients: Patients of diabetes can enjoy cucumbers while also reaping its health benefits as the fruit contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin.
- It fights heat, both inside and out. Eat cucumber, and your body gets relief from heartburn. Apply cucumber on your skin, and you get relief from sunburn.
- It flushes out toxins: All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
- Revives the eyes: Placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes is an old beauty visual, either ways it really helps reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
- It stabilizes blood pressure: Patients of blood pressure, both high and low, often find that eating cucumber brings relief.
So make sure you do some cucumber shopping this weekend!
Leave a Reply