Chef Renee Weeekend Recipe: Shrimpamole in Plantain Cups
Great week huh?! How was Mother’s Day and then international Women’s Day, hope you were all treated nice and sweet.
Well my craving for avocados is not over yet, I find myself wanting more. So I whipped up something that will make you smile because there is plantain in it. It is very easy, ingredients are readily available and it is oh so delicious and filling!
This is what I like to call Shrimpamole in Plantain Cups! (Get it? Shrimp and Guacamole=Shrimpamole) Funny I know, but that will suffice for now.
Let’s meet the ingredients (makes 2)
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Lemon/lime
- Black pepper
- 1 small Tomato-chopped
- 1 small Onion-chopped
- 2 tbsOlive oil
There are 2 versions for this recipe, the grilled and the fried, choose which one works for you.
1. 1 put avocado flesh in a bowl,add onions, tomatoes, and lemon or lime juice, mash all together.
2. In a hot pan,pour in a tbs of olive oil and sauté shrimps for 3mins on each side. Add to avocado mix.
3. Cut 1 plantain into 2 equal halves, run lightly worth olive oil and put on the grill or in oven @ 350 for 10 mins (if you are doing the fried version, fry till it begins to brown lightly)
4. Take plantain out and use a pestle or clean bottle bottom to squash plantain into a cup,put back in the Oven for 10 mins(or hot oil till its Golden brown)
5. Scoop Shrimpamole into the plantain cups, I top mine with a little crushed Chili flakes for heat and serve. Enjoy!
Cook with love