9 Things You Didn’t Know About Adele
Adele, known for her original tracks, has created quite a stir in the music world. Adele is surely one talented singer and song writer who believes in hard work and commitment. Famous for songs like ‘Someone like you’ and ‘Hello’, she has surely come a long way.
Listed here are some things you didn’t known about Adele, read on.
1. Adele got her first big break/the first record deal when her friend posted her recorded video on Myspace.
2. Adele is famous in the music circle, but she is still scared of performing on the stage. She had quoted in an interview, that even today she gets that stage fright, every time she has a live concert.
3. Adele has a unique record on her name. She is perhaps the first singer who had three singles in the Billboard top 10 at the same time. In fact, her album is one of the biggest selling albums till date. She is truly an amazing singer.
4. Adele has confessed that she has a major crush on Leonardo Dicaprio. She also likes Zach Galifianakis. Looks like she is truly smitten by the actors.
5. Adele stands firm on her talent. That is the reason she does not believe in the concept of looking like a pop icon. She believes that size does not matter, what matters is true voice and talent. She is the first overweight singer who has had a contract with XL records. Who says, singers should look glam! This proves the point.
6. Adele names her albums on random numbers and the years she wrote them. That is why, the number ’19’ and ’21’. The numbers indirectly represent the ages she wrote them. That is really a strange thing!
7. Adele had cancelled a very important music tour in the year 2008. Do you know the real reason behind it? Well, she chose to be with her boyfriend rather than singing. She had quoted that she was so close to her then boyfriend that she could not sing without him. Seems like, love is more important than fame for her.
8. Adele used to emulate the style of a rock girls band when she was small. In fact, that band was a major inspiration in her life. The name of that band was ‘Spice Girls’. She had quoted in an interview, that ‘Spice Girls’ had a major influence in her music career.
9. Though, Adele does not like drinking, she smokes regularly. Many people believe that her husky voice has a lot to do with her smoking ways.
Leave a Reply