10 Signs you’re A Shopaholic
Hello lovelies, It’s been a solid week so far and I believe it would remain that way till the end of the week. I experienced the first rain of the year this week and I can say it did a lot to dispel the heat and dust left by the harmattan.
LOL, I’m not here to give you the weather report. I’m here to talk about shopping. How really can you tell when your shopping habits is getting out of hand?
It’s a universally acknowledged truth that all women love shopping. But do some of you think that you have been spending more time in malls lately rather than home? Do you spend most of your free time surfing online stores for items to purchase? Are you experiencing a lack of space in your home because the stuff that you buy takes up all the place? Chances are you have become a shopaholic. Here are a few more signs to know if you are a shopaholic.
1. You feel anxious. The days you don’t go shopping are your most depressing days.
2. You buy even if it’s unaffordable. There are very expensive items on your shopping list and often you can’t afford to buy them, but still you do.
3. You often make excuses by justifying yourself like ‘I couldn’t miss that one’ or ‘It’s too good to let go’ after buying items.
4. You have debts. You often go beyond your budget and can’t pay your bills on time. This shows where all the money goes.
5. You buy more than you intend to. For instance, you walk in a mall with an agenda in mind that you just have to buy one cocktail dress. But by the end, you land up buying 6 dresses!
6. You hide your purchased items. You feel guilty after making your purchase and out of shame, you tend to hide whatever you have bought.
7. You end up more stressed. If you have debts and are called upon constantly by creditors, then that will lead to tension and stress.
8. You buy when you are upset. You just purchase items to make you feel better.
9. You have tried to control spending earlier. You know that your expenditures are going way beyond your purchase limits. Hence, you try to stop it but every time you are faced with failure.
10. You don’t have any money in the bank. The most prominent sign of you being a shopaholic is that whenever you want to make a really important purchase, like a medical expense, you don’t have money.