Roast Chicken with Cinnamon Apple Filling
Happy Thanksgiving Kamdorians
I must let you all know that I am thankful for each and every one of you. In the spirit of thankfulness go for Whole roast or fried Turkey and if you are feeding a smaller crowd then Chicken, now because I am feeling very thankful, I have the perfect recipe for roast Chicken and I paired my roast chicken with flavours that I’d like to taste and inhale this season.
Apple and cinnamon with a hint of spiciness with the red pepper flakes. Yum yum! So seeing as we have crossed thanksgiving off the list this year, let us get ready to have the roast of our lives for Christmas!
Bon appetit with Roast Chicken with Cinnamon apple filling!
- 1 whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 or 2 medium apples sliced thinly
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 250c
2. Slice apples And put in a bowl, add lemon juice so the apple doesn’t turn brown.
3. Add 50 grams butter, red pepper flakes, cinnamon , garlic, salt and black pepper to the bowl and pop in microwave to melt the butter.( alternatively do it on the stove).
4. Rinse and pat chicken dry and season cavity with salt and pepper.
5. Put a little butter in and begin to fill with the apple mix. Once you have stuffed the chicken with the apple mix, tight the legs of the chicken together and also across the thighs so that it holds its shape and cooks evenly.
6. From the neck area, you will see an opening between the skin and the flesh, begin to work your way in with butter to loosen the skin from the flesh and get all the butter in.
7. Rub some butter all over the skin too and season liberally with salt and pepper.
8. Pop in the oven for 1 hour and 30 mins or till it is brown and a thermometer or toothpick inserted into the inner thigh runs with clear juices.
9. Remove from oven and let under foil for 10 minutes.
10. Scoop out stuffing, carve the chicken and enjoy your meal.
Cook with Love!