Hope this sun isn’t getting to you. The heat is not funny at all. Anyways, today I would be discussing some facts about sunglasses. They always come in handy on sunny days like this so I figured we might want to learn a thing or two about sunglasses.
Here we go:
- With the world War 2 brewing, Ray Ban designed anti-glare aviator style sunglasses.
- In 2004, Oakley developed Thump. These were sunglasses with built-in digital audio player. (I’d love to have one of those)
- Most of the characters from the movie, The Matrix wore sunglasses. All of the protagonists wore rounded lenses and the antagonists wore rectangular lenses.
- Chinese judges, some time ago, routinely wore same-coloured quartz lenses to conceal their eye expressions so as not to give away any reactions during evaluation of evidence in court.
- Sunglasses were first used in China around the 12th century not only to protect from the glare of sunlight but from evil spirits as well.
- Singer, Elton John is rumoured to have over 1,000 pairs of sunglasses. Obsessed much?
For how to find the perfect sunnies for your face shape, read HERE.
Source: Style Magazine