Tip Of The Day # 24: Water
Water is a key ingredient for healthy living and without it our body cannot perform optimally.
Benefits of water
- Helps keep skin looking good
- Helps energize muscles
- Helps control calories
- Helps maintain the balance of body fluids
- Helps the kidney
- Helps maintain normal bowel function
Tips to help you drink more
- Have a beverage with every snack and meal.
- Choose beverages you enjoy; you’re likely to drink more liquids if you like the way they taste.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Their high water content will add to your hydration. About 20% of our fluid intake comes from foods.
- Keep a bottle with you in your car, at your desk, or in your bag.
- Choose beverages that meet your individual needs. If you’re watching calories, go for non-caloric beverages or water.
So make sure you always keep a bottle at arms reach, sip away at all times and stay hydrated.
Image 1 .