Meaty,Cheesy,Yam Breakfast Skillet
First of all, I’m going to start by saying Barka de Sallah to you Fam! Hope you are all enjoying the long weekend. I have had so much fun already. You see as (née Jaiyesimi) and the daughter of a Muslim home, I love Sallah, not only because of the fried ram meat that I get to eat (and I mean loads of it) but also because I get the raw ram meat as well, and I am excited about what I am going to do with the ram meat (which will feature next week) .
This week though, I had our good family friends and neighbours Mr and Mrs 2 over for Breakfast, and I made up my mind, that I was going to make a Meaty, Cheesy, potato skillet breakfast.
I get up ready to get started and realize I was out of potatoes, I was so upset and feeling too lazy to go get some, I decided to substitute with yams which I happen to have an abundance of, so my Meaty, Cheesy, Potato skillet breakfast quickly became Meaty,Cheesy,Yam Skillet Breakfast.
This dish is as delicious as it is filling. If you make it this weekend, trust me you will score a perfect 10. Enjoy the rest of the holidays people and load up on this meaty, cheesy, goodness.
What you’ll need
- Yam, 6 slices, peeled and diced
- Chicken franks, big dice
- Red Chilli Pepper, sliced
- Small onion, chopped
- Crispy Bacon, diced
- Steak,seared and diced ( I used fried ram meat because I had it already)
- Cheese, ( I used cheddar and mozzarella)
- Green onions, chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste, optional
- Vegetable oil
1. Boil yam till knife can go through but not squishy soft.
2. In a hot skillet, brown the boiled yam, add the onions and the chicken franks and brown them as well
3. Add in the sliced Chilli pepper, crispy bacon, meat and stir till all is incorporated.
4. At this point put in green onions and grate the cheese on top of it. Reserving some for the top when you are done.
5. In a pan, fry egg sunny side up, lay on top of the yam mix and finish with some more cheese and green onions.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Cook with love