Your Feet are Important Too!!!
Hello Kamwomen 🙂
Today I wanna talk about feet.
Your feet are as important as your face, hair or body.
Even though we wear shoes that may hid our feet from being seen peeople sometimes get ignorant about taking care of them. We don’t need to keep them clean and healthy just because they may be seen but because its essential.
Here are a couple of tips:
1. Ensure you soak your feet with warm water so they can soften up before washing.
2. When washing your feet make sure you wash and dry in-between your toes.
3. At the end of each day ensure you soak your feet in liquid solutions such as washing up liquid, dish washing solution containing skin softeners etc. for at least 10 minutes then dry. This is called the wash-and-dry system. This method will lessen problems such as athlete’s foot, odour, bacteria and fungus and is recommended for those of us who wear shoes a lot.
Note: It is badly recommended a lot that you need to use salt to soak your feet. Unfortunately this method is too drying and doesn’t offer any medical benefit.
4. Moisturize your feet after washing. During dry season or harmattan, it is required that you moisturize them several times a day.
5. Your shoes need time to air out each time you wear then to avoid foot odor or infections.
6. If you are have a problem with smelly feet it is required that you soak them in a mixture of vinegar and water. This will stop it immediately.
7. Never let your feet hurt. Tight shoes are bad for your feet. By wearing tight shoes, you can spoil the shape of your toes and foot growth.
8. Now for high heels; one should choose heels that are wide, stable and no higher than two inches. Yes two inches! I know it sounds ridiculous but if you really want to keep your feet healthy, stay away from heels higher than 2 inches. If at all you need to wear high heels it should be occasional.
9. Ensure you wear supportive arched shoes. Without these, one can develop flat feet which can lead to other foot problems. Supportive arched shoes keep your feet strong and healthy.
10. Situations such as pregnancy, diabetes and aging can have a great effect on your feet. Pregnant women should wear shoes with broad heels, arch support and good shock absorbance. Older women on the other hand need to choose shoes that provide more shock protection.
So ladies, quick question. Would you ditch your 4-6 inched heels to keep your feet healthy or keep wearing those lovely shoes at the cost of unhealthy feet?
Keep your feet clean.
Leave a Reply