Pineapple Juice: More Effective Than Cough Syrup
Pineapples contain bromelain, an enzyme with anti-inflammatory
properties. It fights infections and kills bacteria. The juice from fresh pineapples can suppress coughs five times more effectively than cough syrup.
Here’s a recipe to help you put together your own wholly natural pineapple juice cough mixture.
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple juice – preferably home juiced
- Some fresh lemon juice – approximately a quarter of a cup
- A small piece of ginger – about 3 inches long
- 1 tablespoon of unprocessed honey
- Half a teaspoon of hot cayenne pepper
Method: Mix all the ingredients in a jar and take 1/4 cup, 2 to 3 times daily.
-Repeat recipe daily.