Easy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Hydration is particularly important during Ramadan. This is because of the
restrictions on eating and drinking. Between each fasting period, we should drink as much water as possible. A great way to infuse water into our Iftar is Fruit water eg coconut water.
As we wind down the Ramadan month, Grand Pure Soya Oil, the heart friendly oil you’ve always known provides unique recipes for delicious, healthy and easy-to-make . Today’s Iftar recipe is for the delicious Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe.
The fried rice is a nation’s favourite. Try this shrimp centric version.
You will need
- 8 ounces small raw shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heart friendly GRAND PURE SOYA OIL (GPSO)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 sprigs of spring onions
- 2 stalks green onion, minced
- 4 cups boiled rice
- 3 cups of green peas and carrots
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce if you are making a gluten-free version)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup sweet corn
- In a medium bowl, sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Set aside to sit for ten minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a large sauté pan or wok on high heat. When the pan is very hot put in a tablespoon of GPSO.
- Add the shrimp to the pan, spreading it quickly in a single layer on the pan. Let it fry, for 30 seconds. Turn over and let it cook for another thirty seconds. Remove from the pan and sit.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Scramble in the eggs and allow simmering till almost cooked. Set aside.
- Clean out the pan and reheat on high. Add in the oil. When oil is hot, Sauté/fry in the green pepper, spring onions for 15 seconds, add the rice stir continuously for another 15 seconds and allow cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and toss to mix, add carrots, sweet corn, peas, shrimp and egg. Add sesame oil. Stir evenly as you heat up for about a minute.
- Serve with a any green vegetable salad of your choice
We hope you enjoy the recipes and Eid Mubarak in Advance
For more interesting recipes, visit their Facebook Page.
*This is a sponsored post*
Image: 1 .