Today’s recipe is the Collard Green + Mango smoothie. Collard greens can be substituted for pumpkin leaves (popularly called Ugu). This the 3rd of a 5-day series, and in case you missed them, here are the recipes for Day # 1 and Day #2.
*Because mango is not in season right now, you can substitute the fresh fruit with mango juice.
This breakfast smoothie is rich in calcium and essential minerals and vitamins. It improves blood count, beats diabetes, reduce blood glucose & Cholesterol levels.
What you’ll need
– Ripe mango (substitute for mango juice)
– Collard green (Substitute collard greens for ugu)
– Lemon juice
How To Make the Collard green (or ugu)+ Mango Smoothie
1. Properly wash and chop the collard green (Ugu).
2. Churn the veggie (collard green or ugu) in a blender and add very little water.
3. Add well cut pieces of mango or in this case, the mango juice. And some lemon juice too and churn again.
4. Transfer the thick beverage to a glass and enjoy.
Hi kamdolls, did you like yesterday’s recipe? let us know, leave your comments below….xoxo!
Leave a Reply