A lot of people are ashamed to smile in pictures or do anything that would show their teeth because of the colour. If you are ashamed of your teeth you can help yourself by whitening it to give you more confidence. To whiten your teeth you can go to the dentist for a whitening treatment this can be really expensive so you can follow some of these tips that are way cheaper to get whiter teeth.
1. Hydrogen peroxide; even though it is used to treat wounds, its antiseptic properties are good for oral hygiene. They are very cheap and bleaching with them is very safe.
-Use a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water equally every morning before brushing.
2. Baking soda; Baking soda also works and can be mixed with hydrogen peroxide too;
-mix about 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide and 3 teaspoons of baking soda together until it forms a paste
-add a bit of toothpaste and use it to brush.
-you can add lime or lemon to the baking soda
3. Apple cider vinegar or the regular vinegar; also works but you have to be consistent with this for you to see good results. After using this you can brush with a non-fluoride toothpaste or rinse your mouth properly.
4. Coconut oil, lemon and orange peels are also good; you can rub the oil on after brushing or put a spoonful in your mouth for about 5-10 minutes, swish with it then spit it out.
5. Avoid food or beverage that stain your teeth this includes consumption of tannin beverages such as red wine, tea, coffee. You can help keep tannin drinks away by drinking them with straw but don’t take hot drinks with straws.
-Avoid sweets or eat fewer sweets.
-Also avoid gums with sugar instead chew sugarless whitening gums.
6. Stop smoking; tobacco is one of the main things that make your dentition yellow.
7. Eat natural teeth whitening fruits like apples, carrots, celery, strawberries. You can mash up about four to five strawberries and rub the mixture on your mouth.
-You can rinse it off with lemon juice or water. It is advisable not to use lemon juice everyday even though it’s a good bleaching agent, it would wear away your teeth and cause tiny holes.
8. Brush at-least twice daily.
-Floss and gargle with mouthwash once every day; it’s advisable to floss & gargle at night before going to bed.
-Always rinse your mouth after everything you eat or take.
Not ladies; constant application of whitening products such as whitening strips tend to damage the teeth by removing the enamel; it’s advisable to use them under the supervision of a dentist
Visit the dentist regularly
Credit: 1 ||