Don’t you just hate it when your expensive powder make-up breaks and inevitably spills out into your purse? For most women who love to carry make-up in their purse, two major concerns always arise—how to save space and how not to end up breaking the expensive powder make-up product(s).
So here it a step-by-step tutorial on how to prevent your powder make-up from breaking in your handbag.
What you will need to achieve this:
- Cotton balls or pads
- Tissue Paper
- Plastic bag or Ziploc bag
- Make-up bag (with thick fabric)
- Pick your powder make-up (compact or loose powder, blush or bronzer) and check the size.
- Take a clean tissue paper and roughly place it over the inner rim of the compact case and cut out the tissue paper.
- The tissue paper should sit inside the rim of the case, otherwise there might be difficulty in closing the product case.
- Now, take a few cotton balls and flatten them up with your fingers.
- Then, layer it over the tissue paper as shown in the image.
- Start by laying one cotton ball flat at a time till the layers build up into a fluffy layer.
- Use a clean cotton swab or a soft plastic spatula.
- Press the cotton balls gently to create an even and fluffy layer.
- Don’t forget to press the cotton swab along the corners of the product case to ensure that it will not come in way while closing the case.
P.s It is important to use clean cotton balls and tissue paper for this DIY as we don’t want to pass any bacterial accumulation to the make-up.
- Now, close the compact case and check whether it closes perfectly. As the texture of the cotton balls are very thin and soft, it will definitely not create any difficulty in closing the product case.
- The cotton balls can be used even during travelling for removing make-up, correct eyeshadow fallouts etc.
- Pack all your powder make-up products as shown above. It is best to use thicker material make-up pouches and vanity cases, which will protect your make-up products.
- You can also additionally pack your powder makeup products with a ziploc bag bubble wrap outside the case. It will also offer an additional layer of protection.
How do you keep your make-up products safe in your purse? Share your tips and tricks with us in the comments section below….xoxo!